Following a full day of negotiations between SAG-AFTRA and the AMPTP, the two sides issued a joint statement on Monday saying that talks will resume on Wednesday, Oct. 4.
Monday marked the first time that representatives for SAG-AFTRA had actually sat down with the studios since the actors’ union went on strike on July 14.
“SAG-AFTRA and the AMPTP met for a full-day bargaining session and have concluded. Negotiations will resume Wednesday, Oct. 4,” according to the guild.
While the two sides are said to be making progress, SAG-AFTRA hasn’t called off the dogs yet, encouraging its members to stay strong on the picket lines.
“Today, we go back to the bargaining table to fight for the contract you deserve. As we negotiate, we ask that you not let up. Keep turning out in full force on our picket lines and at solidarity events around the country. Let the AMPTP hear your voices loud and clear. It makes a difference,” read a post from SAG-AFTRA on X, the social media platform formerly known as Twitter.
Once again, Hollywood power brokers such as Bob Iger, David Zaslav, Ted Sarandos, and Donna Langley took it upon themselves to attend the meeting in person at SAG-AFTRA’s headquarters on Wilshire Blvd.
Sources had previously told Above the Line that the AMPTP is incentivized to make a fair deal by mid-October and get the town back to work. AI remains a pressing issue along with residuals and other financial terms for extras and background actors.